Monday, August 31, 2026

rethinking men's issues #17

Men, every athlete who has ever been injured, which is every athlete, will tell you the emotional recovery is more difficult than the physical recovery. 

Your body is ready to get back in the game.

The knee heals.

The ankle heals.

The shoulder heals. 

But the brain remembers.

How long before that voice in your head stops asking am I really ready?

Can I perform as well as before?

When will I reinjure myself?

How long before you can run and jump and move 

without worrying about every step and twist and landing?

Healing emotionally takes time.

You know this. 

Your ego won't let you admit it. 

As long as you are fighting with yourself, you will never fully heal. 

When you have been hurt, give your mind the same chance to recover that you give your body. 



for information on individual therapy, contact me at bradleyjabel@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment