Monday, September 9, 2024

rethinking appreciation #11

i am a minimalist. 

i aspire to own less stuff. 

i'm sure my wife is tired of me reminding her of this.

and asking if we can get rid of _________. 

which is why i was surprised when she gave me a big box on my birthday. 

and inside was a hammock. 

I appreciate having a wife who doesn't listen to me. 

because a hammock is not something i would have bought myself. 

even if it came from the aldi's aisle. 

you know the aldi's aisle. 

where the slogan is "it's only $8. whatever."

she always says she knows me better than i know myself. 

and she's right. 

again.

she knows how much i appreciate every opportunity i can get 

to lounge in the sunlight,

listen to the frogs and birds chirp,

marvel at the canopy of trees

and enjoy relaxing 

on my new hammock.


for information on individual therapy, contact me at bradleyjabel@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment